Monday, March 9, 2009

GoINg CoMPLeteLY BaTty

We love them more than life itself,
will do anything for them, pray for them,
and go to bed exhausted each night from our efforts on their behalf.

And the Catch-22 is that we love them,
BUT can't stand them half the time.
Well, not half of the time. Occasionally.
Some days more than others.
But today has been OnE of THoSe MoRNinGs.

Here's my list of complaints.
The reasons for my temporary iNsANiTy.
(And we haven't had lunch yet.)
1. Spitting
2. Kicking
3. Pushing
4. Tattletelling
5. Crying
6. Fighting
7. Throwing Food
8. Whining
9. Hitting
10. Incessant (Loud and High) Singing
11. Disobedience
12. Complaints about Breakfast (Spit Out Food)
13. Blueberries in the Carpet
14. Dumped Diapers
15. Crayon on the Walls and Floor
16. More Tattletelling
17. Torn Books

I know that for some of you this sounds like one of the "good old days"
and you're going to tell me how much you miss "those days"
and to enjoy them while they last.
Or how you wish you could go back and just enjoy the moment.
I'm not sure I believe you.
You didn't feel that way while you were living through it. Admit it.

Okay, I'll stop complaining and get back to work.
Three kids are waiting for lunch and two baskets of laundry want to be folded.
I guess Elder Wirthlin's last talk "Come What May and Love It"
seems an appropriate pep talk for this floundering mom.

I'm smiling.
It's a little forced, but I'm trying.

6 comments:

Enjoying the Journey said...

Sorry about your morning. It sounds like a real doozy! I think you should put them all to be after lunch and fold your laundry while you watch a chick flick--and I know you have them! Possibly make some cookies for after!
Congrats on your new calling, too! Jeff is the Cub Master now so you guys can "Cub Talk!" Hope tomorrow's better!

Lori said...

DUDE!! I tell you all the time...I don't miss that at all! There were days I wanted to send my kids into faster care (I even threatened to send them to a certain foster house in the neighborhood). I will tell you it doesn't get better...just different. Now I deal with teen drama and issues like cutting and anorexia and then there is breaking cerfew and getting a call from the cops...oh honey...I don't miss the stage you're in at all. If I live through this one...maybe I'll look back at when they were young and miss the crap you deal with every day. Until then...keep trying...remember that one day they will pick out which nursing home you live in. Try to be patient.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Some days (weeks) are just like that. This mom thing is so dang hard. I know they say we'll miss it but I am with you... I don't know....

If I were to make an insanity list at the top of the list would be: drinking out of the toilet....

Becky said...

Sounds fun! LOL I have those kind of days all the time. (I guess we all do!) I know you are an AWESOME mom who handles it all in stride. We should all get together and go on a cruise or something!
Beck

Sally said...

Everyone knows you do a great job. Can't sypathize yet but I know my day will come and go too.

Pirate Princess said...

Well, I'm living it - so I won't tell you nothin. I survive by going out on dates with hubby. Keeps me real.

:D