Thursday, November 6, 2008

White Christmas Tradition

Planning Thanksgiving dinner for the masses and its ensuing activites
has turned my thoughts to some of my memories
of Thanksgiving day.
One tradition that I keep up, that my Mom and I started, is watching
the first Christmas movie of the season
Thanksgiving night, after the family dinner, after the clean-up,
after the football games, after the relatives have gone.
One of my favorites, that I show to my kids every year,
is "White Christmas."

I've got fun memories of my sisters and I trying
to sing the "Snow" song in harmony--
they're much better singers than I am.
And "Sisters" is sung throughout the year--there were five in our family.
I put my favorite clips on the side for fun. ENJOY!

So, what are your fun Thanksgiving traditions? Share.

4 comments:

Dan Olsen said...

Last November, me and all of my siblings went to our parent's home for Thanksgiving. It's the first time that we had all been in the same room at the same time in about two decades. That now ranks as one of my favorite Thanksgivings,

Lori said...

I love the way having family traditions can knit our families together. We had always set up my Mom's Christmas tree together the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for a Mom who made sure we did stuff together. Those memories are my favorite.

Enjoying the Journey said...

I was glad you put in the "Sisters" song. My girls would love that movie--I think we'll do that this year! I've started dipping chocolates the past couple of years (trying to learn so I can carry on that tradition!) I'm getting better all the time! One tradition that I'll try to erase is doing our Christmas card the week of Christmas because we don't have a picture taken yet!

Becky said...

Okay - I am soooo glad you love White Christmas - my favorite. I love the good movies from the good old days. Dave and everyone else always makes fun of me but but - Doris Day rocks!!!