Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Only One to Go!

Our two-year-old is pOTty-tRaINeD.
(I think I hear a choir of angels singing.)
It took four tries . . . but once she got the concept,
she practically trained herself.

What happened is this:
When I did my WalMart shopping in December,
I decided that I wasn't going to buy her any more diapers.
I bought a bag of pull-ups instead.
And what do you know?
She was fine with the idea.
(I was dumbfounded.)
She loves wearing her big girl underwear.
She keeps them dry during naps and
her pull-ups dry at night.

Miracle of Miracles. Hallelujah!
It was December's major accomplishment
and I didn't have to do anything other than provide Smarties as a reward.

This means I only have one more child in diapers. It's sweet.
Maybe she'll be potty-trained by the end of the year, too.
Then I'll be all done with diapers.

The "DIAPER DADS" video on the sidebar is dedicated to
all of us MOMS who deal with diapers on a daily basis.

7 comments:

Becky said...

YEAH!!!! I hate potty training. I thought I was done with this - oh well. Have a great day!

Lori said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you. What a good feeling. Just in time for your kids to start changing yours. (hehehehehehe I am probably the only one that feels that old today tehehe)

Pirate Princess said...

Oh congrats! My twins are boys and they turn 3 this month - and NO potty training in sight. They had me faked out last yr making noise like they wanted to, and then they changed their minds. :P

Anonymous said...

Good for yOU! I am still working with our nearly 4 year old boy - crazy. Though I have come to the conclusion that after 3 girls, boys are way harder- and a lot more frustrating.

Pirate Princess said...

Hi! Knowing you're an ANWA chick, I tagged you about spreading love for the written word - it's on my main blog, "Making My Own Colors". :)

Enjoying the Journey said...

Nice going, Halle! We have reached that stage in the potty training as well! Yippee! I love it when a plan finally comes together! BTW--We loved the smartie treats too!

Unknown said...

Way to go, mom! I desperately need to do this soon, but I think I will wait for summer...I guess she is only 26 months old! I still have time...