Tuesday, January 13, 2009

VHS Movies

So, I already told you that I was having fun watching VHS movies
while appliquing my daughters' Christmas stockings.
I didn't tell you what movies I ended up watching. It was a bunch.

We have one TV in our family room in the basement. That's it.
Well, for Thanksgiving, we got out our old 19-inch TV,
so we'd have an extra place for kids to watch movies
while older kids and adults were playing the Wii in the basement
and PS3 game seats in the study.

Well, Thanksgiving went, but the little TV stayed.
So, I watched a lot more movies than I've ever done--
because of my Christmas stockings sewing project.
It was so convenient having it in the living room.
Anyway, enough of the narration. Here's a list of the movies:

Return to Me
While You Were Sleeping
Happiest Millionaire (Love "Bi Yum Pom Pom" and "Are We Dancing?")
The Music Man (ABC TV version with Kristen Chenoweth)
Calamity Jane (Doris Day)
The Road to Bali (Bob Hope and Bing Crosby--it was agony!)
Anastasia (One of my new favorites. The music is great.)
Pillow Talk, Move Over Darling, and It Happened to Jane (Doris Day)
White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, The Bishop's Wife, etc.
Kung Fu Panda
Follow Me, Boys
Sabrina (with Harrison Ford)
Emma (Another favorite--with Gwenyth Paltrow)

Yes, I feel like my brain is fried.
The movie watching has rendered me brain dead.
It'll probably take me a few weeks to recuperate.

4 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

lol... everyone needs a little brain fry now and then. ;) I see some of my faves listed there!

Lori said...

But think of all you got done...you did get things finished, didn't you? Hug Joan for me when you see her next.

Enjoying the Journey said...

Those movies are considered good for you because they are so wholesome and lovey! Right? I just watched and then re-watched all the great parts of the latest Pride and Prejudice today! My excuse is that I'm sick and trying to take it easy!

Unknown said...

What a great way to pass your time! Isn't it nice that we women have the gift of multi-tasking? I love some of those movies also, they bring back some great memories of the "good ol' days"!