Thursday, January 8, 2009

BOOGER CATCHERS

Sounds DELICIOUS, doesn't it?
(You aren't snacking right now are you? You were? Hee hee.)
Well, did you know that burp rags make great booger catchers?
Yes, it's TRUE.
We've made it through flu season
(the last child vomited last night for the last time--I hope!)
and find our family right smack dab
in the middle of a full-blown COLD BUG.
That means runny noses, fevers, coughs, rash, etc.
My almost one-year-old knows how to bob and weave--dodging the kleenex.
(One of her many talents. She's hiding her talent under a bushel.)
But she hasn't caught on to the fact that her burp rag
(much softer and prettier) is doing the same thing.
So, words of wisdom to the moms of the world:
Don't throw away those old burp rags--
even if your children are out of diapers.
They are much kinder to your child nose than a tissue.
I know, I know. That was the news you've been waiting for.
Another Use for Burp Rags: BoOGer CatCheRs.
P.S. If you know how they work with adult noses, feel free to comment.
I haven't conducted that experiment yet.

4 comments:

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

My kids have been sick too. And I still have a whole supply of burp rags. I'll have to try that for sure.

Enjoying the Journey said...

It's no fun when everyone is sick all at once-hopefully you didn't have to be Mom even though you were sick, too? And you know that I am a big fan of the booger catcher aka burp rags--that may have something to do with the fact that my kids drool like fools for the first year of life! We are well acquainted!

Lori said...

TO add an age limit is a good idea though. I tried that with Kevin the other day and almost had to jump to reach. Pretty embarrassing for me...I'll tell ya.

Pirate Princess said...

LOL - they make excellent oven mitts too. :D

Thanks so much for commenting the other day - I had wanted to re-find you, but couldn't find the url. I'm blogrolling you now - I love reading about your family too. :)