Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Twice TAGGED!

I just got tagged TWICE.
Thanks, Julie and Jeni. (Don't worry, I'll get you back.)
Well, I shouldn't complain because it was fun to do.

First one, from Julie.
This is how it works.
You go to My Pictures
and into your fourth folder
and click on the fourth photo in that folder.
Now describe it. Well, here goes . . .

This was the touchdown winning pass in the BYU vs. Utah game in 2006. It was a pass from John Beck to Johnny Harline with no time on the clock. Player #74 is Travis Bright. He's got quite the vertical leap, especially at 330 lbs. It was the first win against Utah in four years. I wasn't at the game but was listening to it LiveStream at KSL.com. I remember Greg Wrubell yelling over and over and over, "Caught for the touchdown! Caught for the touchdown! Caught for the touchdown!" And in the background you could hear the excited squeals of a grown man. It was another climatic end for a BYU football game. GO COUGARS! The final score was 33-31.

Now, Jeni and Lori and Talia, consider yourselves TAGGED. Oh, and my sister-in-law, Sally, the photographer, TAG--you're it!

****************************

This next one is a little more time consuming. You fill in the blanks.


I am...still in my stinky sweats. I need a shower after the treadmill and TurboJam.

I miss...being 30.

I think...that menopause sucks! Why is my body rebelling like this?

I love...Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup shakes from Arctic Circle.

I know...a lot less than I thought I did. What’s up with that?

I want...someone to come clean my house from top to bottom. Oh, and any volunteers to potty-train Halle?

I search...the scriptures for answers.

I wish...Sarah Palin was running for President.

I hate...peanut butter and honey (together).

I am scared...of WHAT? With God, all things are possible.

I fear...that I enjoy my food too much, that I think about it excessively:)

I am always... planning.

I love...quiet time, ie, MY time because the kids are down for naps.

I feel...like onion rings. Don’t they sound good? How about rocky road fudge brownies? Tortilla soup anyone? Or hot rolls and honey. DELISH! Fries and shake are always a safe bet. Or Sherri's chocolate chip cookies. YUM-O.

I hear...Lucy fussing, the clothes dryer humming, my children singing, Josh Turner. (oh baby! What a voice.)

I smell...laundry soap. (It's faintly there, yes!)

I don't always...smile enough, enjoy the moment I’m in.

I wonder...how big the young trees in my yard will be ten years. Will we have shade?

I care...so much that I have a hard time expressing my feelings adequately about things that are important to me.

I regret...not ever being a runner. I want to be a runner! Am I too old?

I am not afraid...of the future.

I believe...that there is a plan for eternal happiness, that my Heavenly Father loves me.

I dance...to Herb Alpert and Dean Martin. My kids love to dance with me. My husband likes to watch . . . It cracks him up.

I write... to give others encouragement and joy, to make you laugh and sigh.

I win…when my husband and kids are happy and healthy.

I lose… (hope to lose) this darn pregnancy weight that won't go away. Go on, SHOO!

I never...have skied. And I grew up in Utah. Too chicken. (Scared of heights.)

I listen...to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Dave Ramsey.

I can be found...watching the stars on clear nights.

I read...kids books, romances, the scriptures, mysteries, suspenseful books.

Whew! Finished. What a list. Y'all think I'm a weirdo, huh? Who wants to be next? JULIE and the ANWA chicks!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love learning new things about my friends. I am a little disappointed that you're not a bit more twisted. I really expected more from you. ((grins))

Enjoying the Journey said...

That was a fun list! I don't know if I can find that many things to say. I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

2ND time is the charm - made the mistake of visiting a blog when my 9 month old was about and he hit a button that erased my comment - ah, such is life - as you well know.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed your reply on ANWA and thanks for swinging by my blog. I served in the Antofagasta mission - 96-98 - the wonderful BROWN desert. heh. Pretty funny that my b-day is July 19 and I got married the month before I turned 23. Oh, and I am thrilled you want to read the article - it was called "Not Just a Blanket".

Well, for the sake of not getting too long winded (and my babyzilla is back) I had best wrap this up.

I loved reading about you and getting to know you better. You have a fun blog, and I'll be by again to visit. :-)

Mandy said...

I have loved checking out our blog, I could make so many comments. This is such a fun way to get keep in touch and get to know each other. Fun! I'm getting the sense, somehow, reading everything on your blog that you're a little on the "consevative" side. :) Your blog is amazing. It makes me want to have high-speed internet so I can really enjoy it!