Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Down Memory Lane with CHICKEN FAT


When I was just a little kid, I remember my Dad bringing home a record to play for Family Home Evening, called "Chicken Fat." In fact, we'd beg him to bring it home again and again. We thought it was so cool. We loved when he would bring this home and we would do the actions suggested by the song, ie, sit-ups, push-ups, arm circles, marching, etc. This was his idea of fun games when he was in charge of activity for FHE. Can you just imagine the whole family (Dad included) trying to keep up with song? Imagine tons of kids laughing and having a blast doing it. Well, I just added that song to my playlist. Listen to it and as you do, imagine mini-me and siblings doing it. It brings a chuckle to your lips, doesn't it? Try not to laugh too hard. I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Well, it's come full circle now. I found the song this weekend and added it to my playlist. My kids have had a blast listening to it. So has my husband, come to think of it. (I think he just likes to laugh at the thought of me doing it and thinking it was fun to exercise. So different from nowadays.) ANYWAY, last night, for FHE fun song, McKay wanted to do the CHICKEN FAT song. So, yes, we did it. Just imagine, little OLD me, down on the floor doing push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks and running around to this song with five little kidlets joining in.
Okay! You can stop laughing now! STOP. I mean it.
STOP LAUGHING AT ME.
Hope you enjoy the music.

7 comments:

Lori said...

I think I peed a little. That is so funny. Our PE teacher in elementary school used to bring that in about once a month. "Go you chicken fat, go away, go you chicken fat go." How very un-PC. I love it!!

Unknown said...

That is hillarious! Can I do this for my primary class on Sunday? Then we can have some "organized chaos" instead of just plain chaos!

Lara said...

How funny :) Hey, as long as you're enjoying yourself :)

Anonymous said...

lol! I might just have to try that with my kids - that would be so funny - I think I would keel over in the process. :-)

So, I have a question what is the singer's name- I recognize the guy's voice - honestly it sounds like the guy in Music Man - not the new version, the old (really good) one.

Anonymous said...

lol! I noticed his name on your play list at the bottom - it is the Music Man guy!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Totally a trip down memory lane! Now if we could just re-enact limbo night! You know what my kids will be listening to today after school!

Pirate Princess said...

Very cute! I LOVE Robert Preston! And I would so be dancing with the little ones too.

Found you via Lara on Wherefore Equilibrium. I'm near IF, and LDS, and I birthed 6 children, with adoption for the 7th on the way. :) I'm assuming ANWA is that writers retreat Lara was telling me about a few weeks ago - I'm planning on signing up after we through with adopting my nephew in Nov - it sounds like it's a very good thing!

:) Nice to meet you...